RE: [IP] Having a low is it bolus or basal related?

I find that for me, I get the most bang out of my (novolog)correction bolus
between 3-4 hours after the bolus. That said, I would suggest doing a
fasting basal test for the morning - i.e. find a morning when your blood
sugar is normal, and you have not given any correction boluses in at least
4-5 hours, and not eat anything and see if you still go low. If you don't,
then you've just eliminated basal as the cause. Then you could repeat the
test when you have given that night correction, still not eat and see if you
go low - that would eliminate(or confirm) the meal bolus as the cause.

I also find that for me, things are just wierd when I'm high in the morning.
If I wake up above 200, I will go low mid-morning. I have to use a different
correction ratio first thing in the morning, that is 1/4th of my normal
ratio (normal =1:40, first thing in the morning = 1/160). Personally, I
would try to get rid of the early-morning high as the first priority.

As always, YMMV.

Type 1 8 years, pumping 11 months with Buzz the MM Paradigm.