RE [IP] Gettn' High... Goin' Low

I think the "4 hour rule" for Humalog absorption is yet another in a series
of diabetic YMMVS (Your Mileage May Vary Substantially) situations.

I know for a fact (for me) after much repeated experimentation and testing
that Humalog in my system lasts for a grand total of 90 minutes.  That's it.
   If my BG is high after 2 hours, I don't factor any residual insulin at
all into my correction dose.  And if I test one hour after eating, I only
factor 1/3 of the original dose as residual insulin.

As a side effect of this weirdness, and the fact that I am a slow eater and
a fast Humalog absorber, frequently I take my meal boluses as dual wave over
30 minutes, regardless of the fat content.  Otherwise, if it is a high carb
meal, I take all the Humalog up front, and then dawdle over my salad, I have
had the humalog hit so fast that I've gone low during the meal because I
haven't eaten the carbs fast enough !

Granted, in no way is my diabetes typical.  This is just yet another sign of