[IP] Re: testing in school

>>Maria wrote:
What state do you live in?  In North Carolina, it is the law that
diabetic children are permitted to test their blood sugar, and treat
their lows, anytime and anywhere on school property.  It's a relatively
new law.  I'm not sure what the laws are in other states, but I'm
hoping the NC law could become a model.<<

Hi Maria,

Actually, all public school students, in all states, have the right
to test any time, any where on school property.  There are no laws to
the contrary, even though some school districts will try and tell you
that.  Anyone who has a diabetic child in school should have a
Section 504 in place.  I have a copy I'd be happy to e-mail anyone
who requests it by e-mailing me privately.

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, Type 1, pumping since 1999