Re: [IP] Re:Re

Subject: [IP] Re:Re

>> I find occasionally (particularly in the morning) that the insulin
>> from
>> the breakfast bolus just doesn't get working very quickly.
> Changing insulin/carb ratio often works.
> I sometimes use a 1:5 insulin:carb ratio for breakfast, esp if there
> is fat
> in it.  Linda K

One question to consider is what happens when you skip breakfast
altogether?  Do you see a rise in BG levels during those morning hours,
and then a drop later?  That would indicate a basal rate problem.  You
probably need to elevate your basal rate about 2 hours (roughly) BEFORE
you would normally wake up and then reduce it back about 2 hours before
you would see the drop.  Once you can have normal (relatively stable)
BG levels without breakfast in this way, you will probably find that
your insulin/carb ratio for breakfast is the same as the rest of the

But, as the saying goes here...YMMV!  :-)