RE: [IP] Having a low is it bolus or basal related?

Okay all - I've got a question for you. Every weekday morning I eat
breakfast at 6:30 (1 1/2 cp cheerios w/skim milk and a grapefruit. I bolus
6.5 units for this (1 to 10 ratio) at 2 hours after I am fine, but at 4
hours after I am always low.

Now, here's the other info I think you might need. At three am I am usually
high (250 - 300) and I have been correcting at 1 unit to 30 - this usually
works during the day if I have a high. Here are my questions?

Could my correction bolus still be working 31/2 hours later? Could I then be
adding to much insulin to the morning bolus which is then causing me to go
low 4 hours later?

Is it actually my basal rate that needs to be lowered at the time during
work days? (I teach eleme music and I am usually up and moving during those

Also, where would you start? I'm considering upping the 12am to 3am basal to
see if that corrects the overnight high and then in turn makes my morning
woes disappear - or should I try changing the carb ratio in the morning or
accounting for what little of the correction bolus is left????

Any advice is appreciated!