To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Need some help
From: email @ redacted
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 00:42:43 EST

I've been pumping for 2 weeks today with my clear paradigm.  I absolutely
love it!  I do have a small concern though.  I think that I have read
somewhere in these posts that sites that are left in longer than recommended
can cause highs.  Am I mistaken?  The reason I ask is because I left my site
in for 4 days (just changed it a few hours ago) and I have had 3 readings
today that were in the 200's.  I am just wondering what could have caused
this, because I have had good readings until now.
Another question is about air bubbles in the tubing.  On a few occasions I
have noticed Air bubbles in my tubing close to the reservoir end.  I thought
that I would wait until they got closer to the other end and then I would
disconnect and bolus them out.  Well, sometimes I wait too long and they end
up going into me.  Is this harmful?  I know that I am missing insulin
I am getting air instead of insulin.  Should I take a little bolus to cover
this?  I don't know how the bubbles get there, because I make sure to get
them out when I fill the reservoir.  Thanks for any info.