[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #182

email @ redacted writes:
>Subject: Re: [IP] Cozmo infusion sets
>> My CDE "strongly urged" that I use those, so I've pretty
>> much felt I was on my own if I wanted anything different.
>If the infusion set is a good one, being "on your own" should present no
>difficulties at all.
>I personally have found the Disetronic Ultraflex to be one awesome infusion
>set.  They are advertised as being "so easy to use, you don't need an
>insertion device," and I've found them true to the advertising.  (I find the
>cannula gets snagged as it goes in with other types.)    The disconnection
>is incredibly easy, as opposed to the Quicksets.  And I thought it was
>pretty neat that the protective cover on the needle will reattach to the
>introducer needle after it is removed, providing its own sharps container.
>The manufacturer of those infusion sets thought of everything.  While many
>Paradigm users can't use those infusion sets, I am at a loss as to why the
>quicksets are so popular with those who use pumps with luer lock
>connections.  (With the exception, of course, for those who strongly prefer
>using an insertion device.)

  I really like the Ultraflex too. They really did design it quite well. I feel
it sits on my skin much more comfortably than the Quicksets do (my cloths don't
snag on them). The only down side is that the cannula is 8mm as opposed to 6mm
for the
 Quickset. I may have to stop using them just for this reason (sigh). I wish
they made a 6mm version. I like what goes above the skin better with the
Ultraflex but the actual cannula of the Quickset works better for me. If only I
could have a