[IP] meter accuracy

 Has anybody tested their meter accuracy?. I'm just wondering which
meter is
best. Now BD has a new one, same with Ultra SMart. My son uses Ultra
and so far
so good, although the other day we tested 3 times in a row giving us
results as far as 50 differential. That worries me... I checked with a
brand new
solution and everything seemed normal.

some variation is permissable and to be expected. the differences are
not great enough to influence treatment of highs or lows the FDA  has
established guidelines. I tested my Ultra in a lab with a known
glucose standard. it was perfect. Testing in different sites gives
different results. meter literature specifically warns about comparing
results. spot
A L Bender. M, D.