Re: [IP] switch from regular to novolog

>>>I've had my pump for a year now as a part of a study to compare MDI with
therapy. I've used actrapid/regular for a year but am allowed to switch to
novolog now. Which experiences do you have with the switch, does it take
time to adjust or is it more simple than starting on the pump at first? Do
basal rates and insulin/carb rations need correction? >>>

I switched to Humalog (almost the same as Novolog) after using Regular in my
pump(s) for about 15 years. I didn't have anyone to ask and had fear and
trepidations as well. BUT, I think you'll find it much easier without the
lag time waiting to eat. You can bolus and eat at the same time - anyway,
most people can. If you find a glitch in your tests perhaps your basals will
need to be readjusted by about 1/2 hour later since it takes a little longer
for reg. to work.

Best wishes to you. (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received
notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is
a change in your circumstances. ~ Dept. of Social Services, Greenville, SC