[IP] switch from regular to novolog

I've had my pump for a year now as a part of a study to compare MDI with pump
therapy. I've used actrapid/regular for a year but am allowed to switch to
novolog now. Which experiences do you have with the switch, does it take some
time to adjust or is it more simple than starting on the pump at first? Do
basal rates and insulin/carb rations need correction? I'm asking because I'll
probably have to make the switch during my exam period, which will be rather
hectic in some ways and not at least ordinary, and shortly after I will be
going to the US for 3 weeks (I'm from Denmark) - so if I wait after the trip,
I'll have to delay the switch-over for 2-3 months!