Re: [IP] I've ordered my pump (kinda long)

>>> <snip> I am so FED UP with the attitude I see in my doctor's
office.  One pump (or one pump manufacturer) fits all.  There are MANY
differences between the various pumps.  Some vibrate while others don't.
Some are waterproof while others are not.  One offers prefilled cartridges
and a spare, while the others don't offer those options.  Some have fancy
features (that for some individuals are totally unnecessary, while for
others are incredibly practical) and others do not.

Why do they do this?  <snip>

In '83 when I got my pump, there were at least two kinds on the market. I
had one basal rate - as did the other - no memory or any of those luxuries.
But, mine had a delay-until-hold (weird name for it but it allowed a bolus,
then set it for how long you wanted the rest of it to go in - not a square),
an alarm if you hadn't touched it for a certain amount of time cuz you had
*all that insulin going into you* and you needed to pay attention. I can't
recall the other features (used it for 9 years). We did not do basal testing
then, but ate on time and used the exchange system.

Anyhoo - The other pump had a flashing red light and not as many features.
The DE (no *C*'s back then) would not show potential pumpers my Betatron II
because they wouldn't use all those features. So, it started almost 2
decades ago - sticking with one pump company. Both companies are no longer

My how the features have changed and improved! YAYYY!

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

Change is not change until there's a change - Mike Barber