[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #180

> Subject: [IP] Re Warranty almost up
> My warranty on my MM 507C will be up in a few days.  I have decided to go
> with a MM 508 if I change pumps.  My MM 507C has been fine for years now.
> I am really hesitant to get involved with a new pump which may give me
> trouble but I don't want to have to pay to have my 507C repaired if I have
> problem with it.  I understand that I could get ins on it but that is also
> expensive.  I am wondering what anyonelse is doing in this situation.
> Kathie

Bluda Sue turned 4 3/23/03 so she's out of warranty now. I used my 506 for 6
years. It died and was used as a trade-in on 507C (B.Sue). I have a cap of
$2,000.00 DME on this ins. and the employer notoriously changes co's 8/1
almost each year. Maybe we'll have a better insurance (HA! - but I can hope,
can't I?) and that will take care of it. Other than that, I'll be 65 5/04
and Medicare will get me one (508 <s>). That's what I'm doing and you asked
about anyone else. (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

We can live with the word *incurable,* but we cannot live without the word