Re: [IP] Unexpected Highs/Rapid Drops

> I keep ending up with 300's showing up on my meters. Two
> different meters--makes no difference which one.  Sometimes I must admit
> it is because I forgot to bolus, or munched a snack without a bolus (but
> then again we're only talking one cracker, not the whole box.)
> So, I check my BG and it says 300 or more, and I don't feel like it is
> that high, but I go ahead and take a correction bolus. Usually this
> pre-mealtime, so I add up the food, eat and then check again.  Usually the
> darn thing has dropped between 100 and 150 points in less than an hour
> (quite often a half hour.) What could be causing this?  Anyone have any

When I don't feel that high and that's what it says, I rewash and dry my
hands very well and retest. I often am 100 pts or more lower than the first
test. I'm not saying that's your problem, but worth noting. YMMV

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

If a mute child swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?