Re: [IP] Unexpected Highs/Rapid Drops

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:39:02 -0700 "Laura Shapiro" <email @ redacted>
> I'm going to post this one more time, in a different way because
> this is just
> driving me nuts!  I keep ending up with 300's showing up on my
> meters.  Two
> different meters--makes no difference which one.  Sometimes I must
> admit it is
> because I forgot to bolus, or munched a snack without a bolus (but
> then again
> we're only talking one cracker, not the whole box.)
> So, I check my BG and it says 300 or more, and I don't feel like it
> is that
> high, but I go ahead and take a correction bolus. Usually this
> happens
> pre-mealtime, so I add up the food, eat and then check again.
> Usually the
> darn thing has dropped between 100 and 150 points in less than an
> hour (quite
> often a half hour.) What could be causing this?  Anyone have any
> clue?????????

Are you exercising, or sitting?  I went to lunch with a friend last week
and kept bolusing (and sitting), but could not get it below the high
200's.  I think it's because I had a fried chicken sandwich and fries.
After lunch I did a little shopping and dropped over 100 points in less
than an hour.  I've noticed I'm much more sensitive to insulin if I'm
even a little active, as opposed to just sitting.

When I was on shots, I complained to the nurse practitioner that I could
eat the same thing 2 days in a row and one day be 200, the next I'd be at
50.  She said, "It's not what you eat.  It's the diabetes."  That's the
only explanation I have as to what could be causing it.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com