[IP] Re Warranty almost up

My warranty on my MM 507C will be up in a few days.  I have decided to go
with a MM 508 if I change pumps.  My MM 507C has been fine for years now.  I
am really hesitant to get involved with a new pump which may give me trouble
but I don't want to have to pay to have my 507C repaired if I have a problem
with it.  I understand that I could get ins on it but that is also very
expensive.  I am wondering what anyonelse is doing in this situation.