RE: [IP] dawn and drop phenomenon

>> From: Heidi Vogan <email @ redacted>
>> How early are you talking about? For many
>> months,(last fall-winter) I had the weirdest
>> basals(from 12-6:30 a basal rate of 0.9,switching over
>> to 0.1 from 7-11 am)I had 'em both,(dawn and drop
>> phenom.).I tried trimming the greater basal down,but
>> it resulted in highs.It also appears to be seasonally
>> affected,in winter I'm more likely to be dawnish and
>> in summer,droppish.

Wow! What a huge change from .9 to .1!! With Ryan his
overnights have to go down to either .1 or .15, but his
normal daytime basals are either .3 or .35. His overnights
are the lowest from 4am to 6am, but that is all year round.
His daytime basals have increased (up from .25) since Spring
is here, but I think that is because he is on a growth spurt as
opposed to being just a seasonal thing.

Although I read it here all the time, I am constantly amazed
at how different everyone's insulin needs are!

Mom to Ryan (5 and pumping since 8/17/00)
and Celia (8 and non-diabetic)