[IP] Re: Pumping Insulin

>Hello All, Is the book PUMPING INSULIN useful for someone considering the
>pump, or is it really intended as a user-guide for actual users? Thanks, Keith

Both.  I got the 2nd edition of Pumping Insulin from my library and read up
on pumping before I got my pump.  I had used the bg log form in that
edition to convince my endo that I really did need a pump (he was not
totally convinced in the beginning since my A1c's were always at an
excellent level).  The graph of my bg's showing the actual roller coaster
ride I was having was the turning point.  After I started pumping I bought
the 3rd edition (which had just come out) to help me fine tune my pump
use.  And now, after 2 years, I still use it for reference.