From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 7:14 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] He said/She said (was: Your City Policies!)

In a message dated 4/29/02 6:29:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> As for the parents; What needs to be said that I havn't already?
> the school of your child's needs is a good thing, they did such, no
> there.

it is so very tiring after a year long battle to get safe care for my
daughter and the battles that I know so many parents have to face to get
care........I speak for every diabetic child I know or have know when I
they are some of the bravest, most responsible people on earth....my
was diagnosed shortly after her fourth birthday, started doing her own
sticks on leaving the hospital, she has nearly died from this disease
than once, has been kicked out of day care and found wandering around
school on more than one occasion with a blood sugar in the 30's....the
at that school blamed her......sadly mine is not a solitary
story...there are
parents fighting for basic rights for these children already dealing
with, at
best, life altering disease.......I find it sad that an adult with a
condition would assume that the child should bear some of the burden in
case without doing any research...as I said, her parents are very vocal
advocates who had done more than *tell* the school about her...they had
written 504 protecting her.......I also know several young teenage
and although they do have teen moods they do not allow it to affect
self care of their diabetes to the extent of taking their pumps off
without a
reason......I have faith in these kids.....you are welcome to your
opinion, I
find it sad...