RE: [IP] He said/She said (was: Your City Policies!)

I can also speak for children everywhere. I have type1 diabetes, and
suffered through my school years with teachers as well. In fact when
attending high school I had a major run in with the Principal.

I had to eat one day, and needed to leave the classroom when the teacher
refused to let me leave, I had explained my situation and she told me I
could wait 15minutes to the end of class. I left anyhow and she called
the Principal to let him know I went against her approval. I met up with
the Principal in the hallway, and he tried to restrain me and send me
back to class. While having a severe insulin reaction I became very
agitated. All I wanted to do was EAT!!! (all diabetics will know this
desperate feeling). I ended up with a suspension for disobeying the
teacher as well as telling the Principal to leave me alone and @#%@ well
you know.

I can certainly sympathize with the student in this case!

Teachers and Temporary Guardians need to be educated not only about
diabetes, but many other diseases that kids may suffer from.

Cody J