Re: [IP] Quick Set Question

--- Jo Blanchard <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I am changing from the Soft-Set to the Quick-Set.
> What other supplies will
> I need to order to use with the Quick-Set?  Will I
> still use the I.V. Prep
> Wipes and the Smith Nephew IV 3000  tape?
> > Jo
I use the Iv preps sometimes. But when I ran out of
them it really didn't seem to make a difference.
Minimed sent me the inserter free. Make sure u get it.
You can insert manually but I think u have more
control with the inserter.(Make sure u push down
firmly on the inserter to disconnect the needle-it
seems to set the cannula better.)  If you insert on
your backside or where your clothes would drag over
the site you may need some kind of tape over the site
to keep it from hanging up on your pants. It can get
caught and rip the top off. (I just use medical tape)
I used the iv3000 under the softsets due to wing
irritation. I don't use it with and have very little
irritation with the quick sets. I'm not sure why you
are changing sets but I think you will like the
quicksets. lol peg

Do You Yahoo!?