Hi Pat
Do you have a copy of the book Pumping Insulin? There are several tests in there
that will help you test  your basil rate and boluses to see if they are correct.
That's a good place to start.  I think it just takes time to get all your numbers
right. There's a lot of trial and error at first.
What was your blood glucose like before the pump?

It's tricky because if  your basil rate is set too high, you can end up with your
glucose too low, but then your body tries to compensate and your glucose goes too
high.  That's what happened to me at first. I was taking too much insulin so my
numbers were all over the place.
I was astonished when my CDE told me to decrease my insulin. When I did, my
numbers evened out.

Here's a  link to Pumping Insulin