[IP] Re: Long time pumpers

I told you I didn't have time to write a shorter post. <VBG>

I was the first one for our insurance company to request a pump. They
deliberated for 6 weeks, then decided they would buy the pump but no
batteries, infusion sets, reservoirs or anything related. Well, when
delivered, as you know, they come with that stuff included. By the time I
needed more supplies, my hugsband's employer had changed insurance carriers
and I just calmly submitted the paperwork and they paid. :-)

That first ins. co. agreed to that monster since the smaller one was coming
out shortly and that one was the one that was covered from the trade-in. The
batteries (on both, but diff.) had to be recharged every day or two and
extras had to be carried (protected) at all times as they didn't last long.

A pharmacist really cautioned me against a pump since he wouldn't have an
*opening* in his body for 3 days due to the chance of infections. My endo's
pump group ended up about 24 at the time. About 2 years ago he had 25 -
shows you how he progressed with this technology. He sure cheated his

Everybody is new to everything at some point, or else no one would ever
learn anything.