Re: [IP] Re: Long time pumpers

I was working for a Physician who attended a seminar conducted by an
endocrinologist regarding pump therapy.  I had been interested in pump
therapy since 1974 - my employer gave me the name and # and that's where it
all started.  I had to take out a loan and pay upfront, infact the funny
scene was giving the rep $1,000 in his brown mercedes and my taking the pump
and all the info to the hospital where I stayed for the weekend and learned
how to operate the pump.  I remember being asked by every resident and intern
why I was subjecting myself to this type of therapy since I had no current
complications- my reply was and still is - I intend to prevent the
complications.  (I have minor neuropathy, but that might even have occured
without the DM)