Re: [IP] Re: bubbles

In a message dated 4/28/2002 11:56:55 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> hi everyone,  my son danny ,6yr has been pumping for a week and so far we
>  having a lot of trouble with air bubble in the tube and in the reservoir.
>  are very careful when we load the pump  but a day or two latter we have
>  bubbles again. i really think this is causing  his high 200's.  please help

What kind of pump does you son have? (that shapes the advice on avaoiding
bubbles) . . . But in the meantime, one thing you can do if you are not doing
it already is to make sure that your insulin is a room temperature before you
fill your pump cartridge/reservoir . . . putting cold insulin in your
cartridge is a sure way to have problems with bubbles  . . .

Pumpmama to Katie