Re: [IP] Re: Kathy B.'s description of lows

>> One thing that really bugs me.  I use instant rice and the box says 1/2
cup cooked rice = 39 carbs.  >>

This reminds me of one of my pet peeves:  When they give you the nutritional
measures based on UNcooked amounts, or worse yet, they don't tell you.
(Yes, I know Kathy refers to cooked rice in her example but more often than
not, I see amounts given as UNcooked).  I don't know about you, but I tend
to eat 1/2 cup of cooked rice, not UNcooked rice.  BTW, 1/2 cup uncooked
rice = 2 cups cooked.  You need to know the conversion!

This happens a lot, particularly with things like rice and pasta.  Drives me
nuts; I have enough things to remember and I use a calculator enough as it