[IP] I hate it when...

Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:58:28 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] I hate it when...

 > I did have a chocolate attack yesterday afternoon and had a candy bar,
 > I bolused for it and checked 2 hours later and I was well under 200 -
 > to me that I gave the correct bolus amout.  ...  How do you make someone
 > understand this?

Does under 200 mean correct bolus? How do you make someone understand this?

I am still trying to figure out the correct carb/insulin ratio, but for
chocolate I have
it perfected!!!  I usually stick to Snickers Bars and I think the carbs on
the back
are 30 so I use my usual carb ratio (15/1) and add .7 units for the fat
from the peanuts and carmel. After eating that on Thursday afternoon and
my sugar 2 hours later to make sure I wasn't sky high, my BG was 185 - which
a number my endo with be thrilled with!!!

===> My range is between 80 and 140 - below or above that is either low or
for me and my endo, and I am 90% within this range. BTW, I test 20
Gina, your consider below 200 good - that's all right. That's what happens
when a
pump company does not take care of the whole business. I consider 99 good.