Re: [IP] good and bad news

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pamela Payne" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 10:21 PM
Subject: [IP] good and bad news

" Hi everyone,
> Just need to share tonight.  I just heard that my 16 month old great
nephew was diagnosed with type I today. My niece is of course hysterical and
I am so angry with this illness
> right now.  I thought I would make up a "just came hame form the hospital"
diabetic kit for my niece and mail it out tomorrow. If anyone has thoughts
on things to include (especially tips from parents with toddlers with
> Diabetes) I would love the input."

I am sorry to hear about the diagnosis of your great nephew.  I feel angry
everytime I hear of a new person/family affected by this disease.
I would suggest you contact the local JDRF chapter on your niece's behalf
and request a "Bag of Hope."  It includes among other things a Rufus or Ruby
'bear with diabetes.' They are tremendously comforting to children.