Re: [IP] Noticing lows in time and Vision complications (was: Hi a1c & dr's visit)

In my case I had no idea I was low.  When I came to I was either too tired
or too low to think of testing.

But that brings another question to the mix.

For about the past year or more, I've had an intermittent "spot" in my
vision.  It's not a black spot, it's more like "the" bilnd spot in that
small objects seem to dissapear as the brain fills in the blank.  The major
difference between this and "the" blind spot is that it's *right* below my
focal point.  Sometimes it more visible than others but I havn't been able
to tie it to glucose levels.

I have, of course, seen doctors about this.  I've gone to the university eye
clinic (filled with grad students and professors who love challenges they
can give to their students) as well as my HMO.  They've done retinal scans
with and without dye and have been unable to find ANYTHING wrong with my
eye.  In fact they've commented that it's quite healthy.  So I just mention
it to the doc at my routine retinal screenings and explore its boundaries
every half year or so watching to see if it gets worse.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?  Ever hear a name for it?

-Sara