[IP] Re: Hi a1c & dr's visit

Sara M.G. wrote, in part:
>>>Fortunately I was at my aunt's by then and at some point I blacked out in
my car in her driveway and came to standing in her living room. >>>

This prompts me to reply to another post where the poster stated you can
take a test since you won't pass out in the 10 seconds it takes to do a
reading. hmmmmmm - there is no guarantee on that one. A what point does one
have 10 extra seconds before incoherency? Sometimes a low can be realized a
tad too late and the most important thing is to get that BG up. If it is
*misread* a bolus can bring it down. Don't rely on *time* unless you are
absolutely sure in dire straights that you have the time. I often get a
yellow spot in my vision before I have a clue I'm low and couldn't read a
meter at that point anyway. YMMV (~_^)

It's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts