From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 7:32 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] I hate it when......

I woke up with a very low BG this morning (44 at 7am) so I got up, drank a
juice box and had some glucose tabs.  I rechecked 1/2 hour later and I was
150, got up and got ready for work (of course I was late).

I walked in to work at 9:30 and was asked why I was late?  I told them about
my BG and one of the girls I work with said, "that's what all that chocolate
will do"........NOT - chocolate would make it go high not low!!  Then she
proceeded to tell me that I went low because I don't eat enough red meat. I
don't eat red meat to begin with.....then she tells me I am lacking in
protein, NOT - protein is the LAST thing your body breaks down for energy.
I then told her why it may have gone low - I don't even know why?  I went to
bed a 1 am with a BG of 310 and gave no bolus for it and woke up 6 hours
later in sweats with a BG of 44.  I have no explanation for it, except that
it just happened.

I don't know why people like the girl I work with open their mouths and say
such stupid things such as she did and not know anything about this disease.
I did have a chocolate attack yesterday afternoon and had a candy bar, but I
bolused for it and checked 2 hours later and I was well under 200 - meaning
to me that I gave the correct bolus amout.  I know the people I work with
are intelligent people, we are accountants, so why does she seem to think
she needs to put her 2 ccents in worth?  How can I make her understand that
when I am high or low that it may or may not have had anything to do with
what I did or didn't do.  How do you make someone understand this?

Any input will be highly appreciated!!

Gina
MM508 1 year
18 years T1