Re: [IP] new doctor and first visit - what do you make of it?

> > In my opinion, I think every diabetic should have an annual eye exam and
> > hour urine test.
>I agree about the annual eye exam - it's standard screening protocol.  But
>disagree about the 24 hour urine unless something shows up in a regular (at
>least once a year) urine screening test.

Jim, I don't know much about this.  I was once told by an endo (years ago)
that the 24 hour collection test is more sensitive than other screening
tests, so it should be done regularly to pick up the very first signs, which
may be years before they show up on the other tests.  Is that wrong?  Thanks
for any info.