Re: [IP] Re: need advice

Check bg's and ketones often.  I try to drink oj, cranberry juice, or gatorade
also, but make sure to bolus for it.  Get lots of rest.  Check the ingredients
on any medication for sugar content (it may not seem like a lot, but when
you're sick everything matters).  See your doctor if you don't get better in a
few days.  Also, if you notice a high bg trend, set a higher temporary basal
rate (just by a little not too much- or call your doc to find out how much).  I
also suck on zinc losenges and take echinacea, but some people don't like to
use that stuff.  Take lots of vitamins.  Most important is checking bg's and
ketones often!  Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
Julie

> I have been on the Animas Pump less than 30 days, making great strides with
> control and now seem to have come down with some sort of bronchitis.  One
year
> ago I spent 2 weeks in the hospital with atypical viral pneumonia and almost
> died, so I'm a bit paranoid (DX'd as Type 2 for 7 years and then 7 months ago
> drs said oops you're Type 1).  Over the past 2 days I'm having very erratic
BG