RE: [IP] I hate it when......

I have stopped trying to educate people about D.  They don't get it,and since it doesn't personally affect them, they don't care to learn.  It is such an involved condition, you have to have lots of knowledge to deal with it.

My mom asks about my bg but as long as I am not dead, she is happy.  She has not once wanted to look at my site or learn the first thing about my pump..My children could help me with my pump a lot better than my mother could.
They think it's cool that I do this, but they are glad they don't have to! I thank God for that every day.

All this to say...I think you have to ignore people who give you advice for something you clearly know more about than they do...it's too hard to try to tell them. If you attempt to explain, it gets so complicated, that they lose interest.  It's like they only want a simple "I take a pill and everything is fine." kind of answer.
We all know that is far from true.

Try not to let people get under your skin.  Have  a good day.