RE: [IP] Long-distance doctor?

OH my goodness!  I have 4 daughters to provide for and there is no way I could pay that much for an office visit for me...I probably would go with my "favorite" dr. for my child, and see the 2nd choice myself...sounds like what you are doing...Diabetes will put you in the poorhouse, if you don't have insurance....I find that insurance becomes more important every day...I started pumping in Dec. and insurance paid 100% of my costs, totaling about 10K.  When we think about changing jobs, my husb. and I look at insurance first now, not salary!
Let us know how you like the drs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Suzie Steckly [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 12:31 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Long-distance doctor?

Thanks for the input. It looks like we may split up - my husband, who's
fairly stable, may go with our family doc, and we will probably take our
son to an endo in Lubbock, working with his local pediatrician. I hate
to change purely for financial reasons, but with 2 pumpers, paying full
charges is killing us. BTW, Jennifer, each "plain" visit cost us at
least  $200 per person!  If we see a doc on the plan, it's just a $20
copay.  I definitely feel that pumping has improved our quality of life
tremendously over the past year, we just have to find a way to pay for
it with a doctor we can afford.

Thanks again for your input!