[IP] Animas alarms

Denise wrote:

At 06:22 PM 4/24/2002 Natalie A. Sera wrote:
> [...]
with an alarm that
 >> didn't know how to shut up.
 >> It's back in its box  waiting for my nerves to
settle and all
traces of
 >> animosity on my part to  go away.

It will get better!!!  I remember right after I got my
pump, we went to the cinema to see Ocean's Eleven.  I
kept hearing this "siren" and couldn't understand,
because there was no police car on the screen---DUH -
my pump was occluded - I must have had a faulty
cannula, because I didn't see much of that movie - I
was kept busy with the "siren".    It caused a lot of
anxiety for me, but once you get used to all the
little quirks of pumps and infusion sets it doesn't
upset you as much.    I've also learned not to place
the sets on the upper part of my thigh - when you sit
down with jeans on, they tighten up on to top of your
leg and it bent the little cannula from the pressure.

So - - - - unpack the box and watch the video over and
over and you will feel better!!

Do You Yahoo!?