[IP] Re: need advice

I have been on the Animas Pump less than 30 days, making great strides with
control and now seem to have come down with some sort of bronchitis.  One year
ago I spent 2 weeks in the hospital with atypical viral pneumonia and almost
died, so I'm a bit paranoid (DX'd as Type 2 for 7 years and then 7 months ago
drs said oops you're Type 1).  Over the past 2 days I'm having very erratic BG
readings, both high and low...357 to 43...  No carb intake eplanation for
them.  Any special tips on what to do when you're sick?  I'm presently on
approximately 45-40 units per day of Humalog.  I'm feeling out of control, when
I thought things were just getting good being a new pumper.  Any ideas would
sure be appreciated!  Reach me direct in Washington, DC at
email @ redacted  Thanks and I sure appreciate this group!!!