[IP] Re:Insulin OD

In a message dated 4/25/02 3:49:29 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I only know of two movies that shows or talks about anything like this -
"Reversal of Fortune" and there is a scene in "A Beautiful Mind" that is
about insulin shock therapy.

Don't know if it was ever made into a movie, but there was a Robin Cook
thriller that had a diabetic medical student or intern as the protagonist,
and her husband, a doctor, replaced her U100 insulin with U500 insulin in a
murder attempt, as I recall.  I remember thinking that the description of her
symptoms after the injection wasn't too far off the mark for a really, really
bad hypo.

Linda Z