Re: [IP] Pumps are a luxury??!!

> In a message dated 4/24/02 8:50:51 PM, email @ redacted writes:
>
> << >
>
> Actually, I didn't know they would do that...I may look into it!  I think it
> is an issue with me that I have an insurance policy that supposedly covers
> DME at 100 percent but says a pump is not medically necessary.  Whatever.  I
> have the attitude now that I will not let them win this.  I will get a new
> pump and they will pay.  I' haven't completely figured out how, but I will!
> lol.

What state are you in?? Once you have a letter of medical necessity,
if state law require payment for diabetes supplies, it doesn't matter
what your insurance company or employer thinks. If any DME is covered
then they must pay for the pump. If they do not and you have the
letter of medical necessity then they are practicing medicine --
which is prohibited in all states. Get a written denial, formally
appeal it then submit your complaint to the office of the state
insurance commissioner.

Michael