Re: [IP] Pumps are a luxury??!!

On 25 Apr 2002 at 0:50, email @ redacted wrote:

> email @ redacted writes:
> > Why don't you just buy one from minimed they WILL work out a payment plan I
> > mean how many $$$ is your health worth??? why wait for Insurance??? I have
> > bought a paradigm for 2500$$ and 72.00$$ a month and I get 750 a month so I
> > know if you work for ups you can do it!
> >
> Actually, I didn't know they would do that...I may look into it!  I think it is
> an issue with me that I have an insurance policy that supposedly covers DME at
> 100 percent but says a pump is not medically necessary.  Whatever.  I have the
> attitude now that I will not let them win this.  I will get a new pump and they
> will pay.  I' haven't completely figured out how, but I will! lol.
> Thanks for the tip about working out a plan with MM.  I'll give this
> insurance hell a bit more time, and then may join your bandwagon.

I believe that ALL of the pump companies would be willing to work out billing a pump directly to a patient with some type of terms to make it more acceptable.  If you get an
offer from one company, why not ask the other companies what terms they would be willing to do?  They will do the same dealings with the insurance companies!         ;>)