Re: [IP] Pumps are a luxury??!!

In a message dated 4/24/02 8:21:33 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< Any UPS employees out there who have successfully gotten a pump through
of UPS's policies (specifically BCBS of Illinois) let me know how you did it!
 I've been fighting for a year to get a new pump.  One of my arguments is
that my current pump (a 1993 htron v100) has been attached to my body for
nearly 10 years, 7 days a weak, 24 hours a day, and that they cannot expect
it to last forever.  Somehow, that seems like a perfectly normal statement to
me, but bcbs isn't biting! >>

Why don't you just buy one from minimed they WILL work out a payment plan
I mean how many $$$ is your health worth??? why wait for Insurance???
I have bought a paradigm for 2500$$ and 72.00$$ a month and I get 750 a month
so I know if you work for ups you can do it!