Re: [IP] Pumps are a luxury??!!

In a message dated 4/24/02 10:57:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I think Jan said it a lot better and a lot simpler earlier today.
> Functioning beta cell are the luxury. Pumps fall a long way short of that.

Ohhh...I like that one.  I'm having a luxury issue with my insurance company.
 Actually, I think it is more of an issue with my employer.

Any UPS employees out there who have successfully gotten a pump through any
of UPS's policies (specifically BCBS of Illinois) let me know how you did it!
 I've been fighting for a year to get a new pump.  One of my arguments is
that my current pump (a 1993 htron v100) has been attached to my body for
nearly 10 years, 7 days a weak, 24 hours a day, and that they cannot expect
it to last forever.  Somehow, that seems like a perfectly normal statement to
me, but bcbs isn't biting!

Now, convincing a doctor should not even be something anyone should have to
contend with, so I wish you luck!