[IP] Pumps are a luxury??!!

Okay, I've had some time to calm down.  A few minutes ago I don't think
I could've written about this subject without lots of colorful
Is there any way we can put together brief statements about what pumping
has done for us and forward it to this doctor? (seriously!)  I'm trying
to give him/her the benefit of the doubt and assume he/she is just
uninformed instead of a bone head!  Maybe if this endo really knew how
helpful puming is, he/she would reconsider pumping as a "luxury."
I was diagnosed one year ago, and only started pumping in January 2002.
The pump has made a TREMENDOUS difference in my life.  Before pumping my
A1C was 15.5, I had no energy, got sick a lot, and could hardly keep up
at school.  Now, thanks to the pump, I feel like my old self again, and
my last A1C was around 7.
Shannon Cavers
Houston, TX