Re: [IP] Competency Certification for Diabetologists

Jan <email @ redacted> wrote:

> You would think that endos and diabetiologists would use their CMEs
> (continuing medical education) to go to conferences which focus on the new
> methods and technologies used in the treatment for diabetes. They could
> take the family and make it a working vacation if they so desired.  Jan

CMUs are earned, not used.  Most physicians will choose to earn them at
society meetings, not special events - either that or seminars directed at
understanding diseases at physiological and anatomical levels.  Treatment
is, by comparison, a walk in the park.

When a doc is being cavalier about a specific treatment, CSII, then I think
targeting by pump manufacturer sales people to help them understand the
benefit of CSII over MDI will be more effective.  It's the same process that
pharmaceutical sales people use to educate physicians about drug
availability and treatments.

Jim Handsfield