[IP] new doctor and first visit - what do you make of it?

In my opinion, I think every diabetic should have an annual eye exam and 24
hour urine test.  It's better to be safe than sorry, as my retinopathy was
caught at an early enough stage that I only had to have laser to treat it
instead of surgery.  Mine was caught at the point that it was only s,all
blood vessels branching off instead of them breaking and causing partial
blindness.  As for my kidneys, well that was caught at too late a stage to be
able to do anything about it and I regret not seeing my doctors sooner, but
what can I do now?

I think the earlier the testing done the better.