Re: [IP] new doctor and first visit - what do you make of it?

In a message dated 4/24/02 12:37:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I know the doctor has been working with diabetic kids for years, but his
> statements fly in the face of what I've read through Insulin Pumpers. What
> do you make of it?

Yikes! all I can say, first hand, is my 8 yo daughter, diagnosed just after
she turned four has diagnosed depression and numb areas in her feet and
hands...yes, neuropathy...also diagnosed.....I would go to another
doctor..this one's methods are not up to date.....my brother, who was
diagnosed in 1955 was never told that puberty would *protect* him from
anything......good luck