RE: [IP] Canyon Ranch - some more ideas....

You might consider calling a few campgrounds, some might just accommodate
adults <in sizes of beds! : )>, and there are so many on this very list that
might just make a trip to a central location to hang out for a weekend
retreat? At first you could just offer a social based program, with a few
activities, and lots of time to mingle,,,   if successful sprinkle the
weekend with some educational sessions and research updates...  build a more
educational retreat, I'll bet you could get some pharmaceutical companies to
pitch in a few bucks to help defray costs. Or some YMCA camps might also
consider offering such a program... but I'd start with the diabetes camps,,
Camp Sweeney is one here in Texas,  and the childrenwithdiabetes.com web
site has a TON of camps all over the country listed

Heck! The IP moderators might just want to take part in sponsorship : )

Also there are about 500 families with children with D attending the
conference in Pasadena that CWD gang puts on. Even adults of TYPE one would
find the format sociable, and informative. Many of the parents also have
TYPE 1. Anyway,, it is a good idea, I hope you'll follow it through! I can
assure you, having helped craft the first CWD conference, it is DOABLE! :)

Connie Miller
Photography benefiting the Children With DIABETES Foundation.