Re: [IP] Lack of control and pregnancy

What about her husband?  How much does he know about diabetes?  She should have
her former doctors send all her records to her new doctors.  She only has to
write the old doctor a letter stating her birthdate and exactly what she wants
sent and where and then sign it.  Then she AND her husband should go to see her
endocrinologist together, and also see her ob/gyn together, to discuss the
details and risks of diabetic pregnancy.  I also havbe a history of poor
control.  In 3 years of pumping my A1c has gone from 13 to 8, but my doctors
want it closer to 6.  I made sure my fiance knows about dm and the risks
involved in a dm pregnancy.  We do want to have kids in 2 years, so I made sure
I found an excellent diabetes team and ob/gyn.  She needs to get her husband
involved and knowledgeable, and make sure she has good doctors who are informed
about her history and current situation.  Also, you should have her talk to
some people on the list who have had children.  I know there are some here who
have had miltiple kids and lots of experience.  Some also who have not been
under perfect conditions when they became pregnant.  I am sure they would be
happy to give her some advice.  Good luck to you!