Re: [IP] Drs. against pumps

It's amazing how people who have the "luxury" of functioning beta cells

Jan and Elvis

In a message dated 4/24/02 6:48:11 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I am going to a new endo (due to insurance change) and to him the pump is a
 "luxury".  I am so frustrated with doctors who think this way!  He threatened
 to take my pump, because, according to him--my A1C should be perfect!  Well,
 admit, my numbers aren't the greatest, but, it would be easier, if he would
 work with me, instead of stressing the "luxury" of having a pump.  Even the
 nutritionist started talking about the luxury and freedom of a pump.  The
 freedom isn't a good thing, according to her.  I told her that 4 injections a
 day aren't my kind of freedom.  sorry to vent, but, I am so frustrated!
 My question:  how do you handle this?  I am limited as to choice of drs.  The
 insurance told me that these drs aren't "pump friendly". >>