[IP] Drs. against pumps

I am going to a new endo (due to insurance change) and to him the pump is a
"luxury".  I am so frustrated with doctors who think this way!  He threatened
to take my pump, because, according to him--my A1C should be perfect!  Well, I
admit, my numbers aren't the greatest, but, it would be easier, if he would
work with me, instead of stressing the "luxury" of having a pump.  Even the
nutritionist started talking about the luxury and freedom of a pump.  The
freedom isn't a good thing, according to her.  I told her that 4 injections a
day aren't my kind of freedom.  sorry to vent, but, I am so frustrated!
My question:  how do you handle this?  I am limited as to choice of drs.  The
insurance told me that these drs aren't "pump friendly".
Thanks for listening!