[IP] Lack of control and pregnancy

Subject: [IP] Lack of control and pregnancy

My recently married daughter has decided she wants to become
pregnant.  However, she has long been in poor control (A1c's
of 13), has just quit smoking, and has also been diagnosed
with fibromyalgia.  She's also recently relocated so the
doctors she's seeing don't yet have a true picture of her
past health situation (Type 1 for 7 years).

Given her situation, I am petrified as to what she is facing
but can't find a way to disuade her.  I would appreciate any
words of wisdom from those of you who have considered or
been pregnant, etc.  She has been pumping for about 3 years,
which did provide her with better control, but just barely.

i would disuade any diabetic woman from becoming pregnant until her bgs are
under tight control and she is under the care of a competent diabetologist
and obstetrician. thereare so many things that can go wrong. spot
A. L. Bender, M. D.