re: [IP] Quick Set Covers

<<From: email @ redacted
Could someone tell me if the Quick Set infusion set have to have the disconnect
plain cap put on while showering?  I called Mini Med and they said it was
absolutely necessary.
Les H>>

Les, we've never used the cover caps on the QuickSets, and my son Luke
has been using QuickSets since April 2001 - right at a year now.  You'd
think if there was an issue with that it would have surfaced by now.
And Luke showers daily, and in the summer he swims daily.  We use the
little cap to cut out a hole in a piece of IV3000 tape to put around
the edges of the QuickSet's cloth tape - it just keeps the cloth tape
edges down better for us.  Of course, YMMV.  Our pump trainer says that
insulin does not provide a growth environment for bacteria, so if insulin
is in the valve, she wouldn't expect anything to grow in the set.
Shelly V, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01 MM508 + QuickSets + Novolog

Do You Yahoo!?